Sunday, November 14, 2010

First night I've had time to post an update!

We are sitting in a WalMart parking lot in Anderson, SC now. It's 50 something outside but it's nice and warm inside the motorhome.

Thursday Nov. 11th
We got a late start on Thursday when we left Plant City at 5:30pm.  We had dinner at the Cracker Barrel on SR50 with BJ, Joe and Jan, and then Laurie had BJ work on her new phone to add some gadgets, widgets and midgets to it, so she can play games on it while I'm slaving over the steering wheel trying to get us to our next destination safely. We left Cracker Barrel at 9:30 and made it to a rest area, a little south of Lake City. I didn't sleep too well because Holly was walking the floors because she was hearing all of the trucks come in and park. I don't think she liked that too much. But, her feet make a swooshing sound across the laminate flooring, that gets pretty annoying when you hear it all night long.

Friday Nov 12th
We got going at 9am and took SR441 up to Stone Mountain, GA. The ride was nice and the weather was perfect. The leaves are still changing so the colors are awesome!  It took us all day because we only drive 55mph when we can.  We met up with Alex for dinner and then went back to the campground for some sleep. I am still recovering from a cold I brought back from the Bahamas with me. It is a nice departing gift! Oh yeah, I also brought back some poison wood that looks and feels like poison ivy, so I've been fighting that as well.  Laurie googled how to get rid of it and one of the suggestion was to rub the inside of a banana peel on your skin. So, I did.  I think it worked for the itching, but it didn't get rid of it. It also made me smell like a banana peel, which wasn't bad.  Good thing there were no monkeys around!


Sat. Nov 13th.
We woke up and took Holly for a walk around Stone Mountain lake to get some exercise. We'd been traveling for 2 days so some walking felt really good.  After that, we met up with Mo in Atlanta to see her apartment and then to have dinner with her and Alex. We went to a  place called JCT and it was very good!  I had a Lamb Burger and it was delicious!  The mussels were great.  The bread was great.  The fries were great....you get the picture. We enjoyed some live music upstairs at the bar and then went back to Alex's to watch an older flick called Volunteers. Tom Hanks and John Candy were in it.  It was very funny and I would recommend seeing it, if you haven't yet.  I think it was filmed in the 80's because both of the guys were young.


Crazy eyes!


Sun Nov 14th.
We decided to leave Stone Mountain today and head East. We drove through Athens, GA and I swear every person had a bulldog as a pet. Must be some Georgia thing...We made it to Anderson, SC to a WalMart parking lot. I'm not sure if there is anything to do in Anderson, but Walmart seems to be a pretty popular place tonight. And it is a 24 hour one!  So, if I get the urge to buy something at 3am, it's only a 2 minute walk inside! Laurie fixed a broccoli cheese casserole and it was good! We walked over to WalMart and bought a new fire extinguisher and some hooks to keep the mop and broom from sliding around every time we turned a corner.  Holly enjoyed some ball chasing also. Tomorrow, we are going to drive through Clemson and then keep heading East. I think it might rain tomorrow.  Oh we've got a visitor that just pulled in in a truck in front of us.  Now we aren't the only ones camping tonight at the WalMart! I've got to get some sleep now. Got a big day tomorrow...Home Depot, maybe a little Bed, Bath and Beyond if time permits...Good night

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Great pics and it looks like you had a great time! We did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanksgiving dinner looks good but you look cold. I'm trying again to post a comment.

    ReplyDelete