Saturday, November 20, 2010

Made it to Carolina Beach

We took a bike ride around Southport before we left today. I didn't want to leave so soon, but we'll definitely be back to visit and hopefully stay a little longer. Then, we loaded the RV and truck on the ferry over to Ft. Fisher and it took 30 min. to get over there. We are staying at a campground in Carolina Beach and tomorrow we'll go exploring down the coast. It is supposed to be 70 tomorrow and I did see some surfers out today. I hope I'll be hanging 5 by noon tomorrow.  I say 5 because most of the time I spend surfing, I'm falling off the board with one foot on and one off. :) There is a lot of civil war history around here so I'm sure we'll be seeing Ft. Fisher as well as some other landmarks. The sunset was bright orange tonight as we looked out over the intracoastal. We made some s'mores tonight after dinner and the pic of the fire has the chocolate sitting by it warming up, getting ready to be delicately placed on the graham cracker. Here are some pics from today.  I'll write tomorrow.  Good night!







No comments:

Post a Comment